Skills backed by years of experience
Fred Berni founded Dynamic Performance Systems Inc. in 1988 to distribute a line of personality profiles.
After several years of working with local franchisors, Mr. Berni saw that although personality profiles worked very well for team-building, they have little ability for predicting performance of franchisees.
He set the Waterloo Organizational Research and Consulting (WORC) Group at the University of Waterloo in Ontario, Canada — recognized worldwide for their research in organizational excellence - loose on the problem. The goal? Identifying the characteristics common to successful franchisees. The result was the FranchiZe Profile (predecessor of the FranchiZe Predictor system) and its ability to predict performance of franchise candidates.
Introduced to the market in early 1997, the FranchiZe Profile captured the attention of the franchise community. Now, hundreds of franchisors around the world routinely count on the Dynamic Performance FranchiZe Predictor to help them select, and train great franchisees.
Articles about Dynamic Performance Systems and the FranchiZe Profile have appeared in such publications as:
- Canada Franchise Guide, First and second editions - commentary, checklists and statutory requirements Frank Zaid - legal commentary, checklists and statutory requirements of franchising in Canada
- Featured in the weekly column "ask an expert" in USA Today
- Featured in Chapter 15 of "The Small Business Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Success in Your Small Business" by Steven Strauss
- In the book "Opportunity Knocks" (the Truth About Canada's Franchise Industry)
- The article "Three Main Reasons Why People Buy Franchises - Don't Fool Yourself, They Include Your Reasons Too!" by Dr. John P. Hayes
- The IFA's Franchising World magazine
- Franchise catalogue of Greece
- Micro Franchising – The Indian Scenario - Dr. Rachna Saxena and Kinshuk Sinha - Global Journal of Management and Business Studies.ISSN 2248-9878 Volume 3, Number 11 (2013), pp.1279-1284
- Franchise Times magazine
- Franchise New Zealand magazine
- International Franchising magazine
- Successful Franchising magazine
- Franchise Voice – Canadian Franchise Association's Newsletter
- The Globe and Mail – Canada's National Newspaper
- The Hamilton Spectator newspaper
- The H R Reporter magazine
- Footwear Forum magazine
In addition, the FranchiZe Profile was featured on the CBC television program "Venture" chronicling the drama of business.
Why we what we do
Over the years, too many franchisors have imploded and too many franchisees have lost their life savings for one simple reason; franchise locations were sold to people not suited for life as a franchisee.
By bringing the FranchiZe Predictor system to franchisors, we feel we're helping others achieve their dreams. And that's never a bad thing.
Let's create your company's growth strategy together!
We are a team of dedicated professionals, ready to do whatever it takes to make your frasnchise grow.
Fred Berni is our CEO and Founder. He's been helping companies select the best franchisees and employees since 1988. In collaboration with a team of experts, including an Associate Professor of Psychology at a local university, he's developed a line of innovative products to help others succeed. Some of his accomplishments include developing tools that predict the performance of franchisees, fast-food restaurant employees, employees in a service environment, membership sales associates for the spa industry and others>
Jill is our Chief Operating Officer and is a customer service expert. She has over 30 years of sales experience, both in a service/retail environment and in industrial sales. She also brings to the table a grounding in all aspects of business. She has worked in a variety of positions – from clerical, warehouse to sales to operations. Jill has a keen knowledge of what makes a company the best it can be and is a great asset to Dynamic Performance Systems Inc. as well as our clients.>